REMOTE / SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT / FULL-TIME
What is it?
A unique blend of the visionary aspects of entrepreneurship with the strategic insight of product development and business analysis with the grit and dogged persistence of creative, innovative problem solving. It may just be the hardest job you will ever love.
Our Product Development Manager acts as a trusted partner to our clients – non-technical founders who are building their businesses on the software we create for them. Our clients are business savvy and experienced in building new products and services. They are looking for an expert to help them do the hard work of merging business and technology. You will put yourself in your clients’ shoes and collaborate with them to define requirements, set priorities, respond to change, and direct work. You will be deep in your projects while keeping an eye on the bigger picture. You’ll work side by side with a wide array of founders and entrepreneurs to bring their idea to life.
To do it right, you gotta know business. You gotta know software. And you gotta know leadership.
Interested? Keep reading!
Who we’re looking for
- A curious mind that is always wondering “why”
- A creator with a commitment to see it through
- A leader who cares about their team and sets them up for success
- A problem solver who has never met a challenge they didn’t want to tackle
- A strategic thinker who knows that the best way to solve a problem is to prevent it
- A juggler who loves knowing all the details of multiple projects
- An experienced guide skilled at blazing new trails with savvy entrepreneurs
- An entrepreneur who looks for business value in every decision made
What you’ll love
- Owning the project from beginning to end
- Understanding product vision and delivering business value through the software we build
- Dynamic, changing environment – you will never get bored!
- Fast moving, risk-taking, business savvy clients
- Evaluating all deliverables for alignment to product vision and business value before shipping
- Culture of transparency
- Leading your teams to successfully complete software projects on time and in budget
- Building strong relationships – internally and externally
- Adjusting your team’s priorities in real time to changing market conditions and business models
- Managing global project teams to build quality custom software designed for our clients’ unique business needs
- Knowing that you are helping entrepreneurs build their businesses
What we need (the minimum)
- Self-motivated product fanatic with entrepreneurial vision
- Proven ability to break down ambiguous requirements into workable tasks
- Business acumen gained in the “trenches” of running a business or organization
- Expert prioritization skills to support and manage change
- Proven effectiveness at shifting effort based on changing priorities
- Commitment to delivering a quality product within project constraints
- Strong interpersonal skills to facilitate team building and client relationships
- Attention to detail, time management, decision making
- Product and project management experience
- Leadership or supervisory experience on software projects
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with little guidance
What we’d love
- Worked in a start up or owned your own business
- Business development experience
- Experience running successful software development projects
- Operations management or leadership
- Experience working with executive stakeholders
- CSM or ACP or similar certification
- Experience running remote teams with members in multiple countries
- Spanish speaking helpful but not required
Our senior leadership is in Phoenix, AZ and our ideal candidate will be located in Arizona as well. But we are flexible for the right candidate.
Sound like you? Apply now